September 2014 | 804 P.2d 961, 248 Kan. 109 (Kan. 1991)

State ex rel. Secretary of SRS v. Clear (Kansas 1991)

A parent may not unilaterally terminate his or her obligation to pay child support by voluntarily relinquishing parental rights. To terminate parental rights under K.S.A. 38-125 et seq., voluntary relinquishment of parental rights and Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services’ acceptance of surrender of the child are required.

State ex rel. Secretary of SRS v. Clear.pdf

Sign up to stay up-to-date with news and resources.

Sign Up

YoungWilliams does not endorse the reports or opinions expressed by non-YoungWilliams authors, nor do we endorse the entities that initially released or published the materials posted on our website.