October 2015 | 627 N.W.2d 765 (Neb. Ct. App. 2001)

Palagi v. Palagi (Nebraska 2001)

The emancipation age of a child is typically a non-modifiable provision, and credit against owed arrears will not be given for college tuition payments. A child who attends college out of state, yet maintains a permanent residence within Nebraska, does not become emancipated and therefore, has not freely chosen a new domicile where the age of emancipation is lower. A parent who voluntarily overpays child support will not be given credit against accrued arrears unless equity demands that credit be given.

Palagi v. Palagi.pdf

Sign up to stay up-to-date with news and resources.

Sign Up

YoungWilliams does not endorse the reports or opinions expressed by non-YoungWilliams authors, nor do we endorse the entities that initially released or published the materials posted on our website.