September 2015 | 600 N.W.2d 160 (Neb. App. 1999)

Groseth v. Groseth (Nebraska 1999)

A Nebraska court assumes continuing, exclusive jurisdiction to modify another state’s order once both parents and the child no longer reside in the state that issued the order. Once the order is modified, Nebraska law can be applied going forward. It is more sensible to apply the law of the state where at least one party lives and earns income.

Groseth v. Groseth.pdf

Sign up to stay up-to-date with news and resources.

Sign Up

YoungWilliams does not endorse the reports or opinions expressed by non-YoungWilliams authors, nor do we endorse the entities that initially released or published the materials posted on our website.